We care about your tattoos and we appreciate your business, so you deserve the best! Please follow these simple instructions for care of your tattoos. And remember, you can always come back or call if you have any questions of concerns.
- Leave bandages/wrap on for one hour.
- After one hour, remove bandage, wash tattoo with antibacterial liquid soap, and apply a thin coat of A &D ointment . Dial soap is recommended, however, Softsoap may be used for sensitive skin.
- Repeat this process every 10 to 15 minutes for the first hour the bandage is off. This removes the clear liquid (blood plasma) oozing from the new tattoo and helps prevent a scab from forming.
- For the next three days, continue this process, 3 to 5 times a day (i.e. when you wake up, mid-morning, lunch dinner and bedtime).
- After three days, you can switch to a mild lotion that is fragrance and dye free. Nivea, cocoa butter, aloe vera gel, Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, and/or Vitamin E Oil can be used to care for your tattoo while it continues to heal. DO NOT use Vaseline, petroleum jelly, Neosporin or similar products.
- During the healing process (usually 2 to 4 weeks), you should avoid exposure to the sun and prolonged exposure to water. Showers are fine, however, swimming and baths should be avoided as the integrity of the tattoo may be jeopardized. Scratching and picking at the new tattoo are a big “No-No”.
- Some redness, clear plasma, mild swelling and tenderness is normal.
- If there is excessive pain, severe redness, extreme swelling or colored discharge usually yellowish or greenish) please consult a physician.
- If you are unsure of a tattoo’s progress in healing please do not hesitate to revisit the shop or call 508-730-BODY.